We are a proud team of Wasteologists! What’s a Wasteologist you ask? It means doing more with less and caring about the amazing planet we live on. Here are just a few practices that our team executes weekly to make a difference in our community:
• Our meals are made from scratch
• We use all parts of produce and meats in our meals as much as possible
• Compost leftovers appropriately
• We use every bit of scrap we can and turn it into something delicious. For example, our house made Focaccia bread scraps are toasted, seasoned and turned into a bread crumbs.
Did you know starting November 1, 75% of our packaging is reusable?To reduce single use products building up in our land fill all our entree trays and bowls are 100% reusable. You may notice our packaging changes from time to time-this is because we are committed to continually improving it and ensuring it’s held to the highest standards when it comes to quality. Be sure to read the package your meal came in to know how to properly dispose of the container. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle.
The successful implementation of an extensive recycling program, including but not limited to:
• Cooking oil, recycled to create bio fuel for a greenhouse
• Food waste, turned into useable compost
• Food waste, used to support Apiaries and Bees for communities to support the little pollinators in our city
We are committed to leaving the smallest footprint possible and are constantly re-evaluating our current practices to make them better for the environment. In 2018, we were recognized as one of the top 4 Calgary finalists for the Social Entrepreneur Award by the Calgary Chamber of Commerce.