We are a proud team of Zero Wasteologists! What’s a Wasteologist you ask? It means doing more with less and caring about the amazing planet we live on. Here are just a few practices that our team has implemented to receive this awesome title:
• Our meals are made from scratch
• We use all parts of produce and meats in our meals as much as possible
• Compost, compost, compost!
• We use every bit of scrap we have and turn it into something delicious. For example, our house made Focaccia bread scraps are toasted, seasoned and turned into a bread crumb topping for a mac & cheese.
Did you know that currently 80% of our packaging is compostable and 90% is recyclable? You may notice our packaging changes from time to time-this is because we are committed to continually improving it and ensuring it’s held to the highest standards when it comes to recycling and composting. Be sure to read the package your meal came in to know how to properly dispose of the container or ask one of us when you shop in-store as we’d be happy to help!
The successful implementation of an extensive recycling program, including but not limited to:
• Cooking oil, recycled to create bio fuel for a greenhouse
• Food waste, turned into useable compost
• Food waste, used to support Apiaries and Bees for
• Communities to support the little pollinators in our city
We are committed to leaving the smallest footprint possible and are constantly re-evaluating our current practices to make them better for the environment. In 2018, we were recognized as one of the top 4 Calgary finalists for the Social Entrepreneur Award by the Calgary Chamber of Commerce.